Saturday, October 15, 2011

Gray and I are being severely challenged in regards to service. As a result, we are so very, very excited about our impending graduations this December, and the time we will have to invest in ministry, or rather, in other's lives. We can't deny that we have been busy. Raising our first child , both in school full-time, and Grayson working full time has left us spread thin. This however, is no excuse for how long it has taken this conviction to rise within us. I thank God for what He has been doing in our life and hearts recently to bring us to this new conviction for ministry. Yes, it has always been our desire to be involved in ministry, but lately God has placed, or rather revealed in our hearts such a need to minister in other people's lives. Gray and I have had such edifying conversations lately about how and where we can invest ourselves in other people's lives for the glory of God. Please do not get me wrong, I write about this in no way--absolutely no way--to boast, for this has only been God's working in our heart, and as previously stated, it has taken far too long for this conviction to rise in our hearts. 

"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them." -Ephesians 2:10

This is in no way to obtain salvation, but rather the product, or fruit of our salvation. As we are identified in Christ, our heart should be that of His, and Christ was most definitely a servant! We were created with one of our purposes being to do good works. Lately I have been challenged in this, do my desires in life allign with what God created me for?

Last month Grayson and I took Ezekiel down to meet his great-grandpa Fiebig.

While we were there, several of the resident at the facility showed such excitement over little Zeke, and commented that they had not seen a baby in so long. This broke my heart. Since that visit, I have felt such a desire to take Zeke to visit with some senior folks. We had that opportunity this morning! Every month our youth group from church sets out into the community to serve. One group was going to a senior living facility, So Z and I tagged along. It is such a blessing for me to watch my son be such a blessing to others.




Please pray for Grayson and me as we are pursuing several area of ministry right now. We're looking into possibilities through our church, the local Salvation Army, and we will be starting a Bible study in our home this week (another thing God has been laying quite heavily on our hearts recently) We realize there is always a danger of burning out. We must serve only in the strength God gives us, and only to His glory. Please pray for us in these things.

  



No comments:

Post a Comment